Enhancements to Data-Driven eDiscovery Platform Help
Legal Teams Improve Project Workflow and Integration
ILTA – WASHINGTON, DC – August 27, 2012 – Daegis (NASDAQ: DAEG), a leading provider of eDiscovery solutions, today announced key enhancements to the Daegis eDiscovery Platform, offering clients more control of the eDiscovery process. New capabilities include the ability to ingest and export data, as well as enhanced iterative search functionality, giving clients greater flexibility to manage their data across the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
According to IBM, a staggering 2.5 quintillion (2.5 x 1018) bytes of data will be created every day in 2012. As electronically stored information continues to increase exponentially from a diverse array of sources, such as email, social media and mobile data, eDiscovery practices are transitioning from a matter-by-matter to a data-driven approach requiring new technologies such as Daegis’ Cross-Matter Management methodology and innovative Master Repository. New self-service methods for ingestion and export, coupled with stronger search capabilities within the platform, enhance the efficiency and power of Daegis’ data-driven approach.
“As the volume and variety of data continue to escalate exponentially, attorneys are attempting to control costs by moving away from reinventing the wheel for each case with traditional, reactive, matter-specific eDiscovery,” said David Horrigan, eDiscovery and Information Governance analyst at 451 Research. “Corporate legal departments are embracing cost-cutting, data-driven models to analyze and manage data proactively across multiple matters rather than starting from scratch for each new case. This type of legal business model—and the platforms able to support it—will improve consistency both in search results and attorney review calls, thus delivering more defensible and affordable eDiscovery.”
Features of the Daegis eDiscovery Platform increasing user control include:
- Ingestion: The new self-ingestion feature allows clients to assemble data themselves and immediately upload batches of data directly to Daegis’ eDiscovery Platform via any internet connection. This new approach provides full transparency and security over the uploading of data while giving users the flexibility to immediately upload data needed for a project or a new matter.
- Export: Self-export enables users to export data from the platform to review small portions of a larger data set, create a discrete set of documents for expert witnesses, generate reports, and to transfer data to a separate location for further analysis. The introduction of new user-managed export tools allows clients to locate and process case materials for export and productions themselves.
- Iterative Search: Allows users to refine and validate a set of search criteria multiple times, making changes each time until an acceptable rate of responsive results are returned. The iterative search process adds tracking, reporting and measurability to allow clients to target the most relevant document set for review while returning as few over and under inclusive results as possible. Changes to search criteria are recorded and saved to aid in the audit and defensibility of the search should it ever come into question.
- Enhanced Export for Lotus Notes Email: Enables users to export native Lotus Notes (NSF) email in expanded formats of EML, MSG, HTML or TXT. Clients with Lotus Notes data can search and review documents leveraging the complete fidelity of native Lotus Notes, and export or produce those documents in different formats to meet the requirements of other parties or third party tools.
- CaseMap Integration: Daegis also offers powerful and flexible CaseMap integration, allowing clients to leverage information in Daegis’ eDiscovery Platform for their case organization and analysis.
“It is rewarding to see industry recognition of data-driven eDiscovery, as Daegis has long been a front-runner in both the vision of that approach and the execution of it through our technology platform,” said Deborah Jillson, President of Daegis. “The new features we’ve included in our software go a long way towards helping legal teams improve workflow and achieve even greater cost savings and control of what can be a very time-intensive and costly business process.”
Daegis (NASDAQ: DAEG) is a leading provider of eDiscovery solutions. The Daegis eDiscovery Platform combines technology and on-demand services to deliver comprehensive and cost-effective solutions for corporations and law firms. Daegis’ technology is revolutionizing eDiscovery through Cross-Matter Management, which enables the retention and reuse of custodian data and attorney work product from one matter to the next, mitigating the risk of inconsistencies and reducing costs by avoiding repetitive steps throughout the eDiscovery lifecycle. For more information, visit www.daegis.com, www.ediscoverycalculators.com or follow us via our blog and Twitter at @daegis.
# # #