SAN FRANCISCO – May 20, 2013 – Daegis (NASDAQ: DAEG), a leading provider of eDiscovery solutions, today announced the latest release of Daegis Edge, its innovative eDiscovery platform used by legal professionals for the collection, preservation, processing, review, analysis and production of data. The new version includes a high resolution, high performance document viewer that accurately represents native documents for rapid and optimized browser-based review, without plugins or desktop applications. This innovative new feature allows reviewers to rapidly review complex documents like high resolution graphics, charts and spreadsheets the way they were meant to be viewed, using Daegis Edge’s advanced review functionality.
“Today’s release of Daegis Edge includes many innovations to improve our clients’ experience, and are among the hundreds of changes we’ve made to the platform in the past year alone that put Daegis Edge at the forefront of solutions for the eDiscovery industry,” says Deborah Jillson, President of Daegis. “The features we’ve enhanced in Daegis Edge – and those we have planned for the future – have been designed to anticipate the changing needs of legal professionals while accommodating new dynamics such as Big Data and mobile discovery. As we move through the year we will continue to deliver on our development strategy as we work to create a truly end-to-end eDiscovery experience for our customers.”
Highlights of the latest version include:
- More accurate review of any document using a new document review tab that allows reviewers to better view every document, especially those with graphics or those in PowerPoint and Excel files.
- Easy navigation through document pages using a new thumbnail view in a sidebar pane. The sidebar pane’s Find Tool allows reviewers to quickly locate words or phrases in a document.
- An accelerated review process to redact and annotate directly in the document view tab.
- Expanded local batch printing allowing users to batch up a large group of documents, download them to PDF and print them locally when hard copy is requested.
- Expanded export formats that include export multi-page TIFFs and searchable PDFs.
In the past year, Daegis has announced significant changes to its eDiscovery platform which was branded Daegis Edge in January 2013. Recent milestones include:
- December 2012: Added advanced search and new reporting features, to give users the tools for data analysis of culling to reduce time and costs.
- November 2012: Delivered secure access to Daegis Edge via mobile devices.
- October 2012: Released technology assisted review functionality built on the Hadoop framework, which allows Daegis Edge to scale and accommodate massive amounts of data.
- August 2012: Announced self-import and self-export functionality, which gives users more control over their projects, speeds up processing time and allows them to export subsets of productions.
- July 2012: Expanded Cross Matter Management™ capabilities which allow users to repurpose data and work production that has been demonstrated to reduce client bills by 30-48% in processing and hosting fees.
“We continually strive to implement the best technology into the Daegis Edge workflow giving reviewers the benefit of leading-edge technology without disrupting their process or best practices,” adds Duane George, Chief Technology Officer of Daegis Inc. “The addition of the new document view gives our clients a great review experience. Our cloud delivery model and state of the art review technology give clients great value for their money.”
Daegis is the eDiscovery division of Daegis Inc. (NASDAQ: DAEG). We deliver market-leading eDiscovery software through Daegis Edge, our end-to-end platform for managing the entire litigation life cycle, and Daegis Acumen, our revolutionary predictive coding software. Daegis also offers data collection, analytics consulting, project management and managed document review services. Visit us at Daegis.com,www.facebook.com/daegis or follow us on Twitter @Daegis.
# # #